Despite our best efforts to ensure that members receive emails generated by or forwarded by the FreeToastHost email system, sometimes members may need to modify email settings on their end to make sure emails do not get screened out by overly aggressive spam filters. If you have a club member/district leader that is having trouble receiving emails generated / forwarded by the FreeToastHost email system, and other efforts to troubleshoot/resolve the issue have not yielded any success, please refer them to this reference doc to inform them how to change the appropriate settings for their email client.
Members using Gmail
If you have a member that uses Gmail and is having difficulty receiving emails generated or forwarded by the FreeToastHost email system, please have them create a Gmail filter as follows to prevent FreeToastHost emails being classified as spam:
- Load Gmail.
- Click the down arrow in the search box at the top to show the search options.
- Enter @toastmastersclubs.org in the From field.
- Click Create filter with this search link at bottom right of search options box.
- Click the checkbox to the left of Never send it to Spam.
- Click the blue Create Filter button.
- Done! This will ensure that all emails for FreeToastHost are not sent to the spam filter.
The above procedure is based on: email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/et_whitelist.htm.
Members using Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail)
If you have a member that uses Outlook.com/Hotmail and is having difficulty receiving emails generated or forwarded by the FreeToastHost email system, please have them modify their Outlook.com email settings as follows:
- Open your Outlook mailbox.
- Select Options from the top right (next to the question mark).
- Select More options > Safe and blocked senders (under Preventing junk email) > Safe senders.
- In the space provided, enter @toastmastersclubs.org .
- Select Add to list.
- Ensure the safe mailing lists box has the address you entered, and select OK.
The following is also a good reference on this subject specifically geared to Outlook.com: https://askleo.com/how-do-i-stop-outlook-com-from-putting-legitimate-messages-in-the-junk-mail-folder/
Company Email Systems
Please have your company IT department white list @toastmastersclubs.org so that emails generated / forwarded by FreeToastHost do not end up in the company spam filter.
Other Email Providers
However, if you prefer not to create those contacts (or your email provider does not have contact lists), refer to http://support2.constantcontact.com/articles/FAQ/2753. This looks to be a useful reference on the topic.